Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo Week 1 Wrap up

I have to say, I think week one of NaNoWriMo 2011 was a success.

I've been finding success with having two (or more) writing sessions a day. I'm no early bird, but every day I've gotten out of bed an hour early to spend some time writing before starting my day. In these morning sessions, I've been able to write a few hundred word (and today 1002!) so that when I sit down for my evening session, I have a less intimidating word count goal.

I must admit I'm starting to slow down a bit. Although I'm following the outline I created before the start of NaNoWriMo, I'm realizing I made need to change the order of events and that I need to add some subplot action. I'm trying to put these thoughts out of my head and just keep writing - I know I can always add subplot and rearrange the sequence of scenes later!

Here's where I stand:

Total NaNoWriMo 2011 word count:  15,020
Words to Go: 34,980
Total Novel word count: 39,472
Percent Complete: 30%

I'm on track so far!