Monday, November 28, 2011

NaNoWriMo: The Final Days

November is almost over, that means National Novel Writing Month is coming to an end.

I've already written beyond my outline, beyond where I saw the story ending. Back at 13,000 words to go, I thought I didn't have that many words left in this story - but since then I've written my way through half of that.

While I got a lot of writing done over the long weekend, I've been dealing with a stomach bug that cost me a whole day of writing. 

Right now I'm at 43,690 words. It seems impossible not to make it after getting this close. There are only two days left and I still have 6310 words left to write in order to reach the 50,000 word goal. I have no idea how I'm going to do it. But I guess I'd better get started at finishing this thing...

Words written today: 1,960
Total NaNo2011 word count: 43,690
Words to go to 50,000: 6,310 with 2 days remaining
Total Novel word count: 68,164
Percent Complete: 87%