Saturday, November 19, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 19

So I've had some pretty pitiful word counts the past few days and I've fallen behind. I've dedicated this weekend to getting caught up so I can get back on track - and, if I'm lucky, get ahead!

I spent at least three and half hours writing today but I'm still a bit behind. Here are my stats:

Words Written Today: 2,698
Total NaNo 2011 Word Count: 30,913 (Should be 31,673)
Words to go: 19,087
Total Novel word Count: 55,387
Percent Complete: 62%

I'm getting very close to the end of the novel. I only have a few scenes left in my outline. I'm worried I may not have 19,087 words left to tell of this story, although that would put me right at a great novel length (I've read most editors look for the 75,000-120,000- word ballpark for an adult novel.)

Of course an outline is only an outline and I may find I have much more to tell. The only the way to know is to write my way through it!