Friday, November 11, 2011

Dropbox

Here's a tool I've found helpful that I'd like to share with other writers: Dropbox.

If you're not using Dropbox, it's a great way to access your files from multiple computers and it serves as a sort of backup system for your writing!

Dropbox is a web-based hosting service where you can save and share up to 2GB of documents, photos and videos for free (for up to 2GB of file storage). The files sync so that your updated files are available on any machine on which you've downloaded Dropbox. So I can work on my novel on my laptop, and have the updated version already on my desktop and pick up right where I left off.You can also access your files on your web account, in case you're on a computer that doesn't have Dropbox installed. Dropbox has versions for multiple operating systems and mobile devices.

It's easy to use and its Free  No more emailing files back and forth to yourself or carrying around your USB drive (though backing up on your USB can't hurt!) Watch the video or download it at Dropbox.com