Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wish List for 2012

Looking back on some of the books I read in 2011, I think I read across a variety of genres. I enjoy literary fiction but also read a lot of mainstream fiction and items off the bestsellers list. I like to mix in lighthearted and inspirational stories with some more serious reading. I also try to throw a classic or two in there for good measure.

I'm not sure how many books I average in a year, but I think I'd like to make it my goal to read at least two to three a month, an easily achievable goal which would bring me to 24-36 this year.

Here are a few books that are on my wish list to read this year:


War Horse - Michael Morpurgo

This will be the first book I read in 2012 - I've already downloaded it onto my Kindle. I've heard it's a great read. It's unique because the story is narrated by the horse, Joey, and I'm interested to see how that's done.






The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

I've heard lots of things about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, both good and bad. It comes to a point where I have to give in to the hype and check it out for myself. I'd like to give this book a try, and perhaps move on to read the other books in the series.





 
11/22/63 - Stephen King

While I'm not a Stephen King fan, this concept of this book intrigues me. A mix of fantasy and historical fiction, the main character travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President Kennedy.







The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon

Another book I've heard a lot about and would like to check out for myself.



Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

I'm not going to lie, I didn't even know this was a book. I'd only seen the previews for the movie. But it sounds like a touching story. I've read a few reviews and it seems this book is better purchased as paperback due to the author's illustrations. So this is one I will not be getting on my Kindle.